Thursday 19 November 2009

A wintery summer

I know I've been M.I.A for about a week now, and I've completely lost my way in the world of blogdom and made it onto the wrong side of the road admiringly watching all the fashion bloggers marching by tutting at my lack of writing but my oh my are deadlines all over me, it aint no joke when they say 3rd year's a bitch. Well I aim to keep my posts a tad less sporadic so that this ickle page of mine doesn't fall back into a distant memory...

My slip of the word "marching" was a slight ploy to get me to this point where I can neatly slide my post in all about shoes, shoes, shoes. These shoes are the works of Nicholas Kirkwood. This crafty man has become known for his collaborations on the runways. What has caught my eyes is his play on the Summer. On one hand, Kirkwood gives us the bright, pop-colours we all embrace when a twinkle of sunlight begins. Yet, somehow Kirkwood has flipped the script by showing us summer can still show off the studs and metallics we'e all undoubtedly invested in this season with his almost robotic Rodarte wonders. Studs studs studs are here to stay




No comments: