Friday 15 January 2010

Backstage Following

Those of you wonderful people who have been readers of my world of words would know my love for backstage catwalk photos over your standard runway photos. Even when the shots are from previous seasons I am  firm believer that the clothing comes back to life when they are shot backstage on models that are full on life or interacting with the clothing themselves. When this happens with clothing that I loved on the catwalk themselves, my excitement factor for the shots rises up a notch.
These shots from Gareth Pugh's S/S 2010 ticked every metaphorical box. I love that the girl in black is awkwardly touching her hair. She completely encapsulates the contrast between this gothic piece and the more girly pink dresses.




1 comment:

Anastasia said...

great coat!
i love all the pictures~!