Thursday 6 August 2009

Kurt Geiger

So I know I'm a little late to be mentioning this as the issue is about to be taken off the stands but what the hell, when inspiration strikes...
Flicking through Vogue's August catwalk report, I find myself unable to tear my eyes away from the Kurt Geiger shoot.
A large factor for this is most likely because of the coloured suitcases reminding me that I can start packing tomorrow for my wonderful month in the sun! But ofcourse there are other, more post-worthy reasons.
What I love about this shoot is that the suitcases, although of such large sizes and unlikely colours, are not the focal point of the shoot. The shoes the model is wearing even when not placed at the forefront of the shot immediately capture your gaze.
I must note that I have never really been a follower of Kurt Geiger shoes nor did I think they had especially individual designs. Boy how wrong was I??
A double paged shot reads the caption "Spoilt For Choice" and this is no lie. With this innovative display of shoes and the matching advertorials, Kurt Geiger have made a definite 180 to my opinions.
Hats of to Kurt Geiger!






No comments: