Wednesday 4 November 2009

Back in time

When I hit year 10, I followed the crowd like the ickle sheep I was and metaphorically threw my backpack into the fire and switched to the oh so cool Nike string bags to ensure I was always congruent with the "cool kids". Gone were the days of my Animal backpack with the dangling monkey smiling behind my back. 
Since that day I have not dared to slide a backpack on and subconsciously snigger and cringe at the thought of a backpack. I now find myself torn as I seem to have regressed back to my innocent youthful ways and have actually fallen in love with a backpack. I guess the Chanel logo and irresistible gold chains remove any nerdy connotation a backpack can hold. Oh the power of luxury.
Photos via fashiontoast






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my god I had one of those Nike bags too haha!
The Chanel bag is gorgeous, I'd be too scared to wear it though, pick pocketers dream!

Anonymous said...

i had one of those bags too! wouldnt mind swapping it for this chanel one tho

Peaches and Cream said...

No! I can't do it! Too many connotations attached there I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

This is so funny and true!