Saturday 12 September 2009

Hurrah For Retail Therapy

So today was one of those days that just kept on kicking my ass! I got an invite to the a sample sale I will keep anonymous because of the bitch-fest I am about to unleash that started at noon. The invite said up to 90% off. Jackpot I thought. So in my prompt fashion I arrived a 12:05, and apparently half an hour too late.
As I got to the entrance I started to follow the maze of a queue round and round the block. I arrive at the back and figure half an hour queueing tops! Wrong wrong wrong.
This queueing palaver became one of those moments where you've been standing for a while and start thinking I can't back away now it can't take too much longer. Oh how many times I said that to myself. Finally after a while (I don't want to say how long) I arrive to the front of the queue. YES I enter, walk up a flight of stairs and oh hello yet another queue. Now by this point the hunger pangs kick in as does thirst and my desire to scream or maybe push some people down the stairs to get through - violence is never the answer. I put this all aside and stand there like the polite and patient lady I attempt to be.
After a little (or forever) longer I get inside. Mmmm not what I'd expected. The only items involved in this sale are these store's specific items, not those from the entire department store. This meant grandma-ish prints, lots of men's shirts and a few bags. Hours of queueing, minutes of browsing.
As you can imagine, I was pissed off! Retail therapy was needed. Liberty was my stop.
After a little stroll on the ground floor of Liberty department store and I purchased this very sweet Marc by Marc Jacobs ring
What's brilliant about this ring is that it can fit practically any finger size as it has an adjustable ring inside --> Perfect fit!
Obviously feeling better after this lovely purchase but was still quite pissed off about my sample sale misfortune.
Note for future sample sale endeavors:
1) Do some research - wouldn't have gone if I'd known it was limited brands
2) Take a sandwich and some reserve snacks
3) Take more than one little bottle of water, possibly coffee in a thermos?
4) Take a friend for some entertainment - people get bored of phone chats.]
Oh when I finally got to the tube to go home, a massive queue for the platform formed in Tottenham Court road station. Once again had an image of pushing everyone out of my way similar to the jungle style scenes in Mean Girls. I think I have queue trauma now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing ring

Anonymous said...

Amazing ring

Simone said...

I know where you're talking about i wont tell lol

creaturesandanimals said...

Lovely ring! I hate queues! They suck and ruin the experience but atleast you got something out of it!